500 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN Dharamkot
50 Days | Beginner – Advanced
Book Your Seat Now!
It is said that potential of human mind is limitless. But there are very few who explore this and live life to its fullest potential. Yoga enables you to go to the multiple layers of the body and mind and learn your true self. It helps to establish deeper body and mind connection. During the process you get to know yourself and your unique abilities better.
The 500-hour YTT is our most comprehensive course that helps you to be more aware of your thoughts, action and connection between them. By doing this course, you will have better control over your emotions and impulses which will thus allow you to take better decisions. So, if you have a keen interest to dive deeper into yoga philosophy, make a career in the ancient practice or discover yourself, the 500-hour YTT is the most suitable course for you. Designed, developed and taught by experienced teachers and trainers, the course would be no less than life-changing.
The 500 YTT is recognised by Yoga Alliance, USA and hence its course content and teaching methodology meets international standards.
Besides the traditional Ashtanga, Hatha and Vinyasa yoga, Pranayamas, various meditation techniques, the 500-hour YTT also includes Aerial, prenatal and postnatal yoga techniques.
Especially designed for pregnant and new mothers, the yoga for new mothers seeks to help them to cope with the issues involving pregnancy. As women need to stay calm during pregnancy for good mental health of the child in the womb, our expert teachers guide them during this transformative phase.
The 500-hour YTT offered by Swaastik Yog Ashram has therefore been very popular among a wide array of people – students, seekers and new mothers.
During the course, healthy and Satvik food prepared in the Ashram kitchen following the principles of Ayurveda is provided. The accommodation is clean and comfortable to make students feel at home. Weekly excursion to nearby tourist sites is also part of the course to allow students to build strong bonds among themselves and make the yoga journey more memorable.
The certificate awarded after the 500 YTT enables students to teach yoga in any part of the world. It helps them to embrace yoga as their way of life.
Course Level: Beginner-Advanced
Language of Instruction: English
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training : Course Curriculum
- Neti: Jal neti, Rubber neti
- Vaman dhauti
- Trataka (Candle light intense concentration)
- Science of siting
- Meaning of prana
- Importance of breathing
- Science of breathing
- Abdominal breathing
- Thoracic breathing
- Yogic breathing
Nadi Shodhan Pranayam (1:1,2:2,3:3), Anulom Vilom, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, Shitali, Shitkari, Bhamari Pranayam.
- Hatha yoga sun salutation (surya namaskar) dynamic 12 postures with proper breathing techniques of inhale, exhale and holding of breath.
- 82 hatha yoga postures with proper alignment and holdings particularly designed as per level of course which includes sitting postures, standing, inversion, twisting, bending and preparation for advance postures.
- Asthanga vinyasa sun salutation A and B.
- Asthanga standing primary series and introduction of secondary series.
- Alignment and adjustment of every posture.
- Iyengar yoga postures based on hatha yoga
- Relaxing asna postures
- Breathing techniques, holdings of postures, modification of advance asnas.
- Counter pose, shavasana and precautions.
- Learn to use hammock
- Increase strength , flexibility and stability.
- Inversion, backbends, splits, core, handstand postures on hammock.
- Postures to fix backpain on hammock.
- Benefits of inversion against gravity
- Importance of meditation in daily life.
- Postures for siting meditation.
- 2 to 5 minute meditation.
- Mantra meditation.
- Chakra balancing meditation
- Walking meditation
- Anapana meditation
- Trataka meditation
- Introduction Different systems of human body.(Respiratory, Digestive. Skeleta, Excretion, Muscular system, Circulatory system)
- Effect of yoga on respiratory and digestive system, Muscular system and various other systems.
- Activation of organs through yoga postures.
- Chakras (Introduction of chakras and places of chakras in human body)
- Panch tatva.
- Effect of channeling energy on muscles and on respiratory and digestive system.
- Introduction of stress.
- Stress disorders personality.
- Bones and joints.
- Four types of postures.
- Human personality understanding through various senses.
- Yoga therapy.
- History of yoga, ancient yoga schools
- Patanjali yog sutras
- Chronology of yoga
- 8 limbs of Asthanga yoga – Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana, Dharna, Samadhi.
- Yoga ethics, yogic lifestyle.
- Diet and lifestyle
- Yoga in bhagwad Gita
- Introduction of upnishad.
- The Elements of nature
- Tantric yoga
- Yoga in modern world
- Yoga teacher lifestyle
- Meaning of ayurvedic science.
- Doshas of human body – cough, vatta, pitt.
- Human character analysis thorough each dosha.
- Ayurvedic diet plans to balance doshas.
- The Five Koshas (Annamaya, Pranaamaya, Manamaya, Vijnanamaaya, Anandamaya).
- Uddiyana bandha
- Jalandhara Bandha
Hasta Mudras: Jnana mudra, Chin mudra, Yoni mudra, Bhairava mudra, Hridaya mudra, Apana mudra, Linga-mudra, Shunya-mudra, Vishnu-mudra and Hridaya mudra, Prana mudra, Agni mudra, Vayu mudra
- Hathayoga sunsalutation mantra – names of sun for 12 posture. (Bijja mantra)
- Om chanting.
- Shanti mantra
- Patanjali yoga sutras
- Gayatri mantra.
- Guru mantra.
- Asthanga yog mantra.
- Morning mantra and meal mantra
- Practice teaching
- Group question and answers
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Dharamkot, India: Daily Schedule
Typical Daily Schedule
|05:00 :||Wake Up!|
|05:30 – 7:00:||Shat-kriyas & Pranayama Practices, Mantra chanting|
|07:30 – 9:00:||Hatha Yoga (traditional)|
|09:00 – 10:00:||Breakfast & Free Time|
|10:00 – 11:00:||Yoga Philosophy|
|11:00 – 12:00:||Yoga Anatomy & Physiology|
|13:00 – 14:30:||Lunch|
|16:00 – 17:30:||Ashtanga yoga primary series|
|16:00 – 16:30:||Tea Break|
|16:30 -18:00:||Self practice (Mysore style)|
|18:00 – 19:00:||Relaxation & Meditation|
|19:00 – 20:00:||Dinner|
|20:00 – 21:00:||Self-Study / Free-Time|
|21:00:||Go to Sleep!|
|*Note: Daily Schedule is subject to change.|
Course Fees: 500 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN Dharamkot
The regular course start